No Carb Revolution Rolls
This might not be the next best thing to sliced bread, but when you can’t have sliced bread on diets that avoid carbs then this makes a great alternative.
Serves one with one lean and four condiments or three servings for 1/3 lean and 1 1/3 condiments
3 eggs at room temperature 3 tablespoons light cream cheese at room temperature 1/8 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar 1 packet of Splenda
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Seperate eggs from yolks from the white, ending up with the whites in one bowl and the yolks in another
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites
- Beat whites on high until stiff peaks form and set aside
- Add cream cheese and splenda to yolks
- Whisk mixture until blended.
- Slowly and gently whisk the yolk mixture to the whites being careful not to overmix and cause the whites to fall
- Make six equal blobs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon baking mat
- Cook until done ( not wiggly and slightly brown around edges )
- Remove to a wire rack for cooling
Things things are really versitile! Spread thin you can use them as a faux-tortillas or blobbed and used in pairs you can make a bun for a burger or a sandwich.
They freeze decently or can be stashed in the refrigerator for a week. You can drop them in a toaster to warm or crisp them up.